Sign UP

Saturday, September 29, 2012

CAS Saturday?

I've been fiddling around with ideas for a Saturday feature, so you'll have to bear with me till I discover which one I might like to do. Maybe YOU can even help me decide!

For today I decided to do a CAS card (at least CAS by my standards - LOL!). If you're NEW to card making, CAS means Clean and Simple - that's no extra fancy stuff! No distressing, no fancy layers, minimal embellishments. Get the idea?

Today's card was inspired by one of the many online stamping sites I frequent and the credit for my inspiration goes to Loll Thompson.

Check it out:




I started off with the Designer Series Paper from Howlstooth and Scaringbone, available in the Holiday Catalogue. It's part of the Halloween Suite, but you could most definitely use it for any fall cards as well. Or any cards at all really. There's no discernible Halloween images on any of the papers.

I cut down my strips of DSP to 1 1/4" and then cut them into piece of 1" and 2". They were attached to a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. My little house (from Spooky Bingo Bits) was stamped in Basic Grey on Very Vanilla and attached to a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock. After tying my Basic Grey Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon to the card front, I attached the house image using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped the Happy Halloween (from Seasonal Sayings in the Holiday Catalogue) in Tangerine Tango near the bottom of the card front.

The whole thing was then attached to the Basic Grey base.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Spooky Bingo Bits, Seasonal Sayings
INK: Basic Grey, Tangerine Tango
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango and Basic Grey Cardstock; Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP
ACCESSORIES: Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!