Sign UP

Monday, September 3, 2012

MDS Monday for the Creative Crew!

It's finally HERE!!!! That day! That day when I can post my first Creative Crew Challenge on my blog for all of you to see!


To say I'm just a little excited would be a GROSS understatement. I do hope you'll share in my excitement as my "stint"on the Creative Crew continues through to the end of December.


Today's layout was a "recipe" layout. Not that it had to include a recipe, but that we had to FOLLOW a scrapbooking recipe in order to meet the challenge! I'm going to like the scrapbooking challenges because they'll give me a chance to S-T-R-E-T-C-H. I haven't done much scrapbooking lately and it's about time I got back into it! It's not like I have a lack of pictures or anything - HA!


Since our theme was "apples", we used an actual recipe as inspiration for all the parts.


Here's the "ingredient" list we were given:

A round layer - the traditional shape of a dumpling
Pacific Point - the plate
More Mustard - the crust
Old Olive - the apple
Stitching - faux, ditigal, or real - the seams of the dumpling
One photo - that's right just one
A tag or die cut - for your journaling
A button or buttons - use as you want, BUT one must be on your title!



And here's my layout:




It's a PERFECT layout for the end of summer break...the kids go back to school TOMORROW - WOOT! 


My littlest man can be a TOTAL goofball sometimes as evidenced by the above photograph. His older brother told him he looked a little like Wolverine with his spiky hair, so I guess this is his interpretation of what Wolverine would look like. Told you. GOOFBALL!


To create the circle behind the photo, I started with a circle punch and the filled it with Pacific Point. Then I made a duplicate and filled it with Whisper White, but reduced the opacity to 30%. Cool, eh?


After that I just started adding things till it made me happy! :) Stitching here, a button there, banners, journalling and the picture.


What do you think?


TOOLS: MDS

Happy MDSin'!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout and love your colour palette! BTW, Jonathan does make a cute little Wolverine!! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!