Sign UP

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Congratulations!

Last week, Colin and Jonathan's godsister (that would be the daughter to their godmother) was accepted to Teacher's College.

She had originally been declined for lack of space, but I guess someone else must have declined their acceptance and Melissa got the call.

We are, of course, absolutely thrilled for her as she is a most wonderful young lady and deserves nothing but good things!

Here's the card I made for her:


It was also the technique challenge over on SplitCoast Stampers last Monday. I haven't done many challenges over there lately, but this one just seemed perfect!

I used one of the Sell-A-Bration set from SU! called "Congratulations".

The rolled marble background was done using some marbles borrowed from my son and Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Mellow Moss re-inkers.

I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Congratulations Set from Sell-A-Bration
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Hand made by ME!!!
Ink/Re-Inkers: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss

Happy Stampin'!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card, very elegant.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great technique. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card..nice technique on creating your own dsp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the technique! This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique with the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I really like this technique you used (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for the young lady!!!

    Love the marble technique...It is one the young lady can put in her memory bank for the littlies...I used this one when teaching the lower grades...kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card and great technique. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card and fab technique!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun background! very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool background and a great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!