Sign UP

Friday, May 29, 2009

True Confessions

*ahemcoughcoughahem* clears throat and raises right hand:

"My name is Christyne Richardson and I am a Becky Roberts addict."

There, I said it. PHEW! What a weight off my chest!

Have you seen Becky's Blog? Simply put, it rocks! Becky started blogging back in 2007 and I have been perusing her blog...entry by entry...and she never ceases to inspire me. She has the cutest ideas - many of which are free on her blog - and tutorials - most of which are priced at $3.95 and offer upwards of 20 pages of step by step instructions and TONS of photos! I own all but one...and am NOT so patiently waiting for her latest one to be posted.

Today, she inspired me (all the way back from 2007) to do some work on a Rolodex that I've owned since about 2005 - YIKES! I figure it must be that old because one of the cards that my friend made has pictures on it from CKU Utah and we attended that in 2004. See...OLD!

Anyway, Becky has the CUTEST little Rolodex which you can see here. It's absolutely adorable and you are just gonna love it! My Rolodex is quite a bit bigger and this is what I was working on today:


We've been looking at buying a house. We own our condo (box in the sky), but with five people living in 892 sq. ft., let's just say...it's a little crowded. We've a while to go yet, because the development we're looking at won't be ready till December 2010 and maybe even later if we wait for the second release of homes (which is where our ideal choice is located).

So...when you have a house, you inevitably need tradespeople - plumber, painter, electrician...that sort of thing. Not one to do things at the last minute and always at LEAST 3 steps ahead of everyone else (just ask DH - I was busy counting kids in my head about 3 seconds after he proposed!), I made the above Rolodex card to be the divider for my tradespeople section.

This is NOT a Stampin' UP! stamp, but since I'm a hobby demo and not a "make a living out of this" demo (though I certainly wouldn't object if any Canadian readers wanted to place an order or host a workshop), I figure it's OK to post images from other companies.

No, this is not a Stampin' UP! stamp. This little gem is from a WONDERFUL Canadian company called High Hopes Stamps. I've been ordering from them for a few months and they are wonderful to deal with. Shipping times are sometimes slow, but that's because their releases are so darn cute making them EXTREMELY popular. One of the good things is that you can order the stamps unmounted - no wood = 1/2 the price of a wood mounted version = twice as many stamps. WOOHOO!!!

I stamped our little friend using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured him in using my Copic markers. Unfortunately, I had to cut off some of his feet in order to make him fit in the Rolodex. He's still a little big, but I suppose I could just leave the Rolodex open to my little carpenter ant because he's just that cute!

I'll be back this week with more projects I plan on CASE'ing from Becky!

Happy Stampin'!

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up!!!!!!!! That's hilarious...but I am so honored you are stalking me... in the nicest way, I'm sure :)

    Pssst...I have 3 other half finished Rolodex that were suppose to be finished for Christmas...want to finish them for me??

    You're awesome Christyne! Thank you for the nice words and the link back to my blog. When the new house comes, you will be nice and organized!!

    Big hugs!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, love that little guy :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Christyne! Love the HH image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is some SERIOUSLY cute work you are doing :-)... love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!