Sign UP

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ATC Tuesday - Love


Today's ATC has already made it's way to the front of a card...which is why I can't retake the photo to fix the blurriness - OOPS!!!

Today, DH and I celebrate our 19th anniversary. Pretty good in today's day and age where the divorce rate is probably higher than the marriage rate! Especially good when people tell me I don't look old enough to have been married for 19 years...I love those people!

So, I used a retired set on this one, but that's OK. There's lots of other lovey-dovey sets in the catalogue, but I liked this one, because it was just PERFECT for an ATC. The set is called "A Happy Heart" and since my heart is happy today, I thought it was fitting.

I used my markers to colour directly on the image using my Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Night of Navy markers. Then I huffed and I puffed and I stamped the image on Whisper White. Of course *sigh* it was crooked, so I had to hand trim it and my trimming was actually straight for a change - YAY! I matted the stamped image on Cherry Cobbler and then on Early Espresso. My ATC is 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" and the Whisper White layer is slightly smaller.

I borrowed my DS' fingers to make the little bow, but I'm seeing my FIL this weekend and will ask him to make me one of those cool wood bow makers that have been floating around.

What do you think?

STAMPS: A Happy Heart
INKS: None (except for markers)
PAPERS: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso Cardstock; To the Nines Specialty DSP (retired)
ACCESSORIES: Markers, Ribbon, Jonathan's Fingers

Happy Stampin'!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Wow really 19 years that's crazy!
    lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, and what a fantastic reason to make one too. Happy 19th Anniversary. Here's to at least 19 more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both! Your ATC is cute! great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and what a great ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of mounting an ATC on the front -- you is SOOOOO brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!