Sign UP

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Everything Eleanor for the Stampin' Queens!

Oh dear! I'm a little late to the game today! Cristena, THE Stampin' Queen, usually likes our posts to be up by about 2 a.m. so she can link us all up - OOPS!!! Hope she doesn't throw me off the team - LOL!

For today's card, I used a BRAND NEW set that I received at Leadership last week. This set has already made an appearance in the UK catalogue, but now it's coming to Canada (and the US too!) and I couldn't be happier! It's SO elegant! From the moment I saw it, I hoped we would get it on this side of the pond - WOOHOO!!

I opted for a simple card based on the sketch and used Sahara Sand, Soft Suede and Rich Razzleberry. I just LOVE the giant swirl in the set!


I first stamped the Sahara Sand "background" stamp and cut it out. Then I stamped the flower and cut it out too. As I was laying out the card, it looked a little "naked" so I decided to stamp the swirls - one at the top, one at the bottom.

I adhered everything to my Whisper White base using Snail and Stampin' Dimensionals (of course!). I haven't added a sentiment yet, because I decided it could be an "anything" card. This means that when I NEED a card, I can add an appropriate sentiment.

Here's the sketch on which the card was based:



What do you think?

STAMPS: Everything Eleanor
INK: Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry
PAPERS: Whisper White and Soft Suede Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Pearls (they're tiny, but they're there!)

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!