Sign UP

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Flower Fancy for the Stampin' Queens

Happy Wednesday my friends and Happy Hump Day! If you work outside the home, you're on the downside of the week. Friday will be here before you know it!

As for me, I'm counting down the minutes till the kids are back in school! With Christmas falling as it did this year, the kids didn't have their last day of school before the break till December 23rd. That means they don't go back till January 9th!! I KNOW that it's still the standard two week break, but it just seems to be dragging on FOREVER! Thank goodness I have my stamps to keep me sane! :)

Today's card features Flower Fancy, one of my favourite two-step stamping sets:



I started off by using Melon Mambo and Garden Green markers and the direct to rubber technique to stamp the outline of the image. Then I reached for my Wild Wasabi and Pretty in Pink markers to stamp the "middles". I didn't use my Stamp-a-majig (though if you're coming to class on Saturday, I'll have it with me) and my stamping was a teeny bit off, but I'm OK with that. It's one of the things I LOVE about two-step stamping. It doesn't HAVE to be perfect.

I added some colour to the edges of the Whisper White panels to soften them and then added a sentiment along the bottom of the image panel using a stamp from Bring on the Cake.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Flower Fancy and Bring on the Cake
INK: Garden Green, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi
PAPERS: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Punch

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Christyne!

    I like it when two-step stamping is a little off. It's a neat look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!