If you're like many of my customers you've been curious about alcohol markers but hesitant to try them because of expense and complicated color systems. Stampin' Up! has seen the need and a simple and affordable alternative is the newly released Stampin' Blendabilities alcohol markers. I am so excited to share them with you!
Alcohol markers are popular for their vibrant colors and the ability to blend and shade without the streaking you can get with traditional markers. Other brands offer quality and variety, but can be frustrating to use and too costly for paper crafters. Stampin' Blendabilities come in sets of 3 pre-coordinated (light, medium, and dark) shades of the same color instead of complicated scheme that take time to learn. The colors coordinate with all our products, making it easy for you to coordinate your coloring with cardstock, Designer Series Paper and embellishments. These markers don't require expensive paper to look good, I recommend our Whisper White cardstock. Let me show you how you can use these markers on more than just paper.
To get started with Stampin' Blendabilities alcohol markers you'll only need a few items.
- A set of Stampin' Blendabilities (or more than one set if you want more colors).
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad that is designed so it doesn't smear when colored with alcohol markers.
- A line art stamp set to stamp and color. There are quite a few shown on pages 166-173 of the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog, plus many more throughout the catalog.
- A package of Whisper White cardstock (#124302), Whisper White Cut & Ready Card Bases (#135804), or Note Cards (#131527)
- Optional - The Color Lifter is a fun, addition. It pushes color to move it (not erase it) so you can create highlights on colored images and even repair a bit of "coloring outside the lines"
You can order them directly online HERE.