Sign UP

Thursday, July 29, 2010

3-D Thursday - Vintage Box


Welcome to another 3-D Thursday!

This week, I've created another box for you, as well as a card to go inside!

For the box, I followed the tutorial you can find here on Makeesha's blog. You HAVE to listen to/watch the video - her voice is just DARLING!


There is a bit of tweaking that needs to be done with her measurements though. When she says that you need to measure 4 1/2 inches from the first score line - DON'T! The actual measurement is 3 3/4" from the first score line, then 1 1/2" from there. If you score at 4 1/2" you won't get a box.

Also, with some additional tweaking of the instructions, you could EASILY turn this into a box that will hold A2 cards. With these dimensions, it will easily hold quite a few 3 X 6 cards and envies.

Here's the card I made:
I PROMISE you, it's not crooked IRL. The way the newsprint DSP was printed makes it look that way.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Elements of Style and Cute by the Inch
INK: Cherry Cobbler
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler Cardstock; Newsprint DSP
ACCESSORIES: Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, Ribbon, Punches

Happy Stampin'!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful job Chris!! You are certainly in the creative zone, lately....Jealous I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christyne I love this box! When I first saw Cherry Cobler, I thought it was such a bland-looking color. The more I see it, the more I love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great box, this size box will definitely come in handy.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your vintage style! And Cherry Cobbler with Very Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!