Sign UP

Thursday, July 22, 2010

3-D Thursday


It seems that whenever I post something on my blog, I jinx myself and then whatever I've said, doesn't happen. *sigh*

Well, I'm going to cross all my parts and hope that I can continue with the plan I've started. So far, I've managed to post every day (and then some!) in July and have kept up with my Sunny Sunday Sketch, so maybe this is a sign of things to come - like every day posting, ALL THE TIME!

With that said, welcome to what I hope is the first of many "3-D Thursday" posts. My hope is that I can continue to bring you a cute little 3-D project every Thursday. I hope you'll come visit every week!

This week, I'm bringing you a little project that I found while surfing around one day. The original box was made to hold the individual packets of M&M's and the designer was kind enough to provide the dimensions to adapt the box to hold 3 X 3 note cards and envies. Of course, I can't for the life of me remember WHERE I saw the box, so if you know, PLEASE let me know so I can give proper credit. Thanks!

So, I used the template to create these adorable little boxes for my SCS girls when we went out to dinner on Monday night.

SERIOUSLY? How cute are these? I used Prima Flowers for the front because I didn't have any appropriate sized flowers for the little closure. In the post where I found these little gems, the creator used a ribbon closure by punching holes in the box and the flap, threading the ribbon through the holes and tying a bow. Equally as cute as my flowers! Since I wasn't using the ribbon, I used 1/2 of a velcro dot to close my little boxes.

Inside the boxes, I included three little 3 X 3 note cards:

I started off with a Whisper White Base and added a piece of retired Rose Red DSP. I stamped the three images from Priceless in Rose Red (note to self: order Rose Red Re-inker) on Whisper White and punched them out using my 1 3/8" square punch.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Priceless
INK: Rose Red
PAPERS: Whisper White and Rose Red Cardstock; Rose Red DSP (retired)
ACCESSORIES: Prima Flowers, Chocolate Chip Brads (retired)

Happy Stampin'!

5 comments:

  1. These are way cute. Love the primas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more cute IRL! Thanks Christyne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tossing up with this and one other as my all time favourites for the month....difficult though it is to narrow down when I love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! What a great idea. I love the DSP! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the box - if you ever find the original post and template email me! atluke@gmail.com

    BTW - I live in Scarborough - DD lives in Milton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!