Sign UP

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WIld Cherry Mist Charming


This is my THIRD post for today - I know, you're shocked! Scroll down to see what else I've been up to and don't forget to submit your comment for the BLOG CANDY above!



So...I decided over the weekend that I would do my best to attempt a challenge each day. Of course, now that I said that, it'll probably all go to hell in a handbasket, but let's go with the every day challenge for now. Humour me...

Today over at SplitCoast Stampers is the colour challenge and the colour choices today were Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler.

Here's my card:
I started off with a 2" X 3" piece of Whisper White, but ended up trimming it down to make it a better "fit" for the small background stamp from the "Charming" stamp set, which I stamped in Marina Mist after stamping off for a lighter colour. On the same panel, I stamped the flower from Charming in Cherry Cobbler, which just happens to be my new FAVOURITE red!

I figured I'd do some distressing and scraped my scissors (the distressing kit pictured below is on it's way!) along the edge of the panel and then used my sponge to smudge some Marina Mist around the edges.

I matted the stamped panel on a 2 1/4" X 3 1/4" piece of Marina Mist and then onto a 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" piece of Cherry Cobbler, making it ATC size. My finishing touch was the three half-back pearls.

I don't have any DSP yet (except for the Newsprint), so I had to wing it today! I used Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist Inks with various stamps from the Charming set to make my own DSP.

I added some flowers and the "Create" sentiment to finish it all off!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Charming
INKS: Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi
PAPERS: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Flowers, Pearls

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Cherry Cobbler is a great colour! I really like the white stamped background, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bright and cheery...wish I could use big flowers with such effect...but I am a big sook and steer away from them...coz they scare me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!