Sign UP

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And now for a little more vintage


As previously mentioned in other posts, I just can't seem to put this set away! I sure hope you're not getting tired of seeing it over and over again. Hopefully, each of the projects I've made with it are different enough that you don't run screaming from my blog - LOL!

For this card, I used a Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft) base and Crumb Cake Ink (previously unavailable!) to stamp the large image from Elements of Style on the front of the card. Tone on tone stamping is one of my favourite ways to add that extra little touch to my cards.

Then, out came the markers! I used Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Certainly Celery and Garden Green to colour my main image and stamped it on Whisper White. Then, out came the scissors! I hand cut the image (yes, I KNOW you all think I'm NUTS!) and adhered it to the front of the card. I stamped the hummingbird in Cajun Craze and hand cut him too. He was adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White and punched it out using the Designer Label Punch. I added a little doodle detail around the edges and then punched out a 1 3/8" circle to layer behind it. I then added some rhinestones before adhering it to the front of the card again using Stampin' Dimensionals.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Elements of Style
INK: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
PAPERS: Crumb Cake and Whisper White Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Markers, Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so very vintage! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah...keep using it...I am enjoying them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!