Sign UP

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CC191 - Pretty Red Kisses

Oops! I'm a day late with this, because by the time I got it done last night, there was no natural light to be had. And as every good stamper knows, natural light does a card good - LOL! So...I had to wait till today to get a good pic to put up on my blog and over at SCS.

I had no idea what I wanted to do for the colour challenge yesterday, especially since I only had one of the cardstock colours listed. I have ink in Ruby Red and Old Olive, but no CS...and I don't have pretty in pink ANYTHING, so it was a bit of a tough call on what I was going to go with.

We had the option of using Riding Hood Red or Ruby Red, so I went with both. I used Riding Hood Red for my mats and Ruby Red to colour in the flower. I used Old Olive to colour alongside the stem and cheated a little on the colours so I could colour it the water in my vase. Of course, thinking about it now, water really has NO colour, so it's kinda weird that we're always wanting to colour it blue...but I digress...I used Soft Sky (BTW, I am on the hunt for a Soft Sky re-inker as my pad is just about dry and when I ordered through my demo, SU was sold out...) and Blue Bayou to colour the water in the vase.

I first stamped the image in black Versafine (4 times...A-type personality, what can I say? It had to be straight!) and then coloured the flower in Ruby Red using my aqua painter and dabbing it right on the ink pad. There is some SLIGHT shadowing on the flower where I used a second "coat" of colour, but you can't really see it in the pic. I then coloured alongside the stem in Old Olive and coloured the water using Soft Sky adding a shadow with Blue Bayou.

My Whisper White piece of cardstock was a scrap from another project, so the size was already determined for me - good thing I liked it - LOL! It was 2" X 4 1/2" inches so I matted it on a 2 1/4" X 4 3/4" piece of Riding Hood Red, after attaching a piece of ribbon which isn't quite Old Olive, but close enough.

I stamped the sentiment in Ruby Red on Whisper White and cut it out using my Coluzzle oval. I matted it in Riding Hood Red, again using my Coluzzle to cut the oval and attached it to the card using dimensionals.

This is one of only a handful of cards where I haven't used an SU image!

I showed it to DH who wasn't in love with all the white space, but I think that's its best feature!

What do you think???

Supplies used:
  • Stamps: Flower image (Bella Stamps) and Sentiment (Hero Arts)
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Ruby Red, Old Olive
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
  • Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals
Happy Stampin'!

9 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the white space, the focus is on the image which you stamped perfectly straight! :o) I am also terribly picky about that ...you are not alone :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. I love the white space---really keeps the design clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great card, very pretty!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! I'll bet it was cute even when you didn't stamp it straight too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome care! Clean and simple- just my style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and so simple. Ah, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I like it!! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card! so elegant in its simplicity .....great lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, such a simple design but soooooo pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!