Sign UP

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's all Cammie's fault!

I was just minding my own business this morning when I decided to follow the MFT Blog Hop which starts here. When I came across Cammie's blog, I fell in love with her card and the idea so I decided that I had to use it to create a card today.

Today is ALSO Sketch Challenge Day over at SCS, so I had that to do too...not enough hours in the day and I had to wrack my brain to figure out how to use Cammie's idea and the sketch in one card.

Here's what I came up with:

I was going to stamp the cupcake on the front, but it didn't look quite right on a square panel. So I used the giant Prima flower from a can I've had for OVER A YEAR and hadn't yet opened (can you say too much stuff?)

I stamped the sentiment from the Crazy for Cupcakes set on the bottom panel.

So, the card itself is 5 1/2" x 11", scored at 4 1/4" and 8 5/16" (to allow it to close over the first flap). The bottom panel (yellow) is 4" X 4", the Chocolate Chip panel is 3 1/2" X 3 1/2" and the Purely Pomegranate panel is 3" X 3". The card base and the bottom panel are both from the same double sided piece of Imaginisce DP.

For the inside of the card, I stamped the cupcake in black Versafine and coloured it in using my Zig markers.

What do you think?

Supplies Used:
  • Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
  • Cardstock/Paper: Imaginisce DP, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Black Versafine
  • Accessories: Prima Flowers
Happy Stampin'!

15 comments:

  1. I love this card. First it took me a while to figure out which part is what. SUch a great "sketch"-"fold". Love the big flower on front :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute...that Cammie is something...I just had to make a box like hers last week. She is so talented and you did a wonderful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with the sketch. Keep it up!

    Tammi
    http://3littlebirdz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a great job combining the challenges... love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the big flower on the front of the card. Its funny I have the same flowers yet haven't used them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is just darling, your card is just so amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh..I love it! Great job---I love what you did with the fold! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, great job...Love that big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo, very nice!! Love that card fold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was trying to find a way to send you a message, but this would work too. I suppose. I can stamp some images of Elzybells for you, I just received my new stamps from UK as well. PM me your address through SCS( I don't like leaving addresses on blogs :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you folded the card, and that flower is so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!