Sign UP

Friday, November 7, 2008

Scott's Christmas Cards

Every year, I make cards for DH to give to his co-workers and this year is no exception. There is NO WAY I'm going to let my DH purchase cards - just NOT gonna happen!

These are the cards for this year:


They were mostly done last night until I couldn't find the right ribbon to attach to them and I went a little nuts. I mean geez! I could open my own dang ribbon store, so why is it that I didn't have the ribbon to match the cards - UGH!

This morning I went out and bought what I needed...as well as 100 yds of white organza so I wouldn't run out for a while!

I used more paper from the Winter Bright kit for these and the card bases are Wild Wasabi (of which I only have a few pieces left - WAAAAAHHHHH! Good thing my Kiwi Kiss should be here soon!).

I stamped the little images in Brocade Blue and Wild Wasabi...except I can't remember the name of the set because I never put the dang sticker on the clear case - UGH! So...if you know the name of the set, will you PLEASE let me know so I can write it on in sharpie? Thanks!

I punched the images out with a scalloped square McGill punch that I have had for AGES and adhered them to a piece of Wild Wasabi. The two pieces of DP on the front of the card are from the same DP, just flipped. The top piece is 4" X 4" and the bottom piece is 2" X 4" and they overlap in the middle. "Happy Holidays" is stamped on the inside.

I tied the ribbon on this afternoon and VOILA! Fourteen Christmas Cards.

Supplies Used:
  • Stamps: Can't remember, please tell me if you know!
  • Ink: Wild Wasabi, Brocade Blue
  • Paper: From Winter Bright Kit
  • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi
  • Accessories: Ribbon

So...ummm...how much do you think I should charge him??? LOL!!!

Happy Stampin'!

15 comments:

  1. These are great! I will look through a couple old cattys if it is an SU! set when I get home. If I figure it out I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you made all of these cards in one night...Wow your are just amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the question should be did you buy any Copics while ribbon shopping?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cards, I still need to start or continue working on my XMas cards, I started few weeks ago and then stuffed them in a zip-loc bag and put them away. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's a lot of work, but I bet he sure appreciates it!

    They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are wonderful...your husband is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! You should charge extra for the retired colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cards! I love the colours - it's nice to see different colour combos for Christmas!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great Christmas cards! YOur husbands co-workers will LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I think your hubby owes you dinner... or better yet, more stamps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!beautiful cards, very stylish.
    Hugs,
    Anja from germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nah...don't charge him....Think of them as major league brownie points...never know when you may have to call on them~

    I can relate to the ribbon saga....I am exactly the same...so many ribbons I could break a leg stepping over them and do I have the right one for the job? Often not. It is truly something most frustrating!

    Green is a great colour for men (I am especially aware of this since a couple of men demanded to know why we make their cards in shades of brown!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!