Sign UP

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another Founders Circle CASE

...sort of...

On the last day of Founders Circle, the demonstrators in attendance received a most beautiful purse charm with which I absolutely fell in love. Not being in attendance myself, I didn't get one. However, I went about trying to figure out how to make my own.

Patty Bennett was ALSO there and she ALSO now knows the "Patty Bennett" story (how MORTIFYING!), but I feel like we know each other now - LOL, so when she talked about making the purse charm as a CLASS, I emailed her and asked her if she had any insight into making one since I have ZERO jewelry experience. She gave me some tips and tricks and I was on my way!

This past Thursday, I was "working" (read: looking at Founders Circle swaps, having lunch AND ice cream - PUMPKIN from Ed's Real Scoop and it's AWESOME, btw, shopping for beads, walking the dog...you get the idea) and we decided to go shopping for beads and what-not. OH. MY. GOSH. The things we found at Beadworks were A. MA. ZING. I could have got lost in there for HOURS and spent a butt load of money, but I restrained myself...of course, we're going back this week - oh geez!

We went back to the studio with beads (and tools for me!) and I couldn't wait, so I got started right away. On my way home, I stopped at a "big box" store and picked up a few more things including...are you ready for this? Inspire, Create, Share pieces - REALLY!

Here's what I ended up with:


I want to add some SU! baubles to it of course, but this is what I have so far. And off to the bottom left, that's a "C". I forgot to flip it around. Top right is one of the SU! keys that you can purchase here.

Here's a card made with the Trinket Crowns (which are also adorable!):


I have to order those and add one to my purse charm too!

And, while I was making it (and looking at the extra two words on the card with the Inspire, Create, Share - they are Wish and Believe), I was suddenly struck with the idea that I should make a bracelet for a dear friend that I visited this past Friday. She received this:


Not bad for a first try...

I do hope you enjoyed this little break from stamping! Don't worry though...it's not like I'm giving up THAT hobby - LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Yowza wowza, Christyne! These are fabulous! I'll take one of these anyday! You are wickedly creative!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!