Sign UP

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A different kind of watercolour using Gently Falling

So, I FINALLY got to play with my pre-order last week after the kids went back to school. How has it been for you? I tell you...I am LOVING my quiet days!!

So, it's Stampin' Queens Sketch Day again and I used the sketch to create this:


To start off, I was inspired by one of the other Stampin' Queens cards as well as the sketch. I liked the centre panel and I wanted to do something similar, but I wanted to use Gently Falling. I took out my watercolour paper and spritzed it with water BEFORE stamping - you can see that I spritzed in some spots more than others - LOL! I think it's kind of a neat effect, don't you?

I used Soft Suede, River Rock, Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party which are the colours that are Spice Cake DSP.

As you can see, I went just little nuts with the paper piercer. Heehee!!

OK, for the measurements:
  • Card Base - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • Next layer up - Pool Party Cardstock, cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8"
  • Next layer up - Spice Cake DSP, cut to 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Soft Suede Panels - 2 x 3" (they meet in the middle, but you can't tell)
  • Main Image Panel - 2 3/4 x 4", matted with a piece of 2 7/8" x 4 1/8" Pool Party
  • Pear Pizzazz Piece - 1 1/2 x 3" with rounded corners
THAT BUTTON!!!! Ok, I don't know if you've seen the Spice Cake Buttons in the Holiday Mini Catalog, but OH. MY. GOODNESS. They are big enough to mat a sentiment - REALLY!! The piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock was stamped using a sentiment from "A Word for You", then punched using the 1 1/4" circle punch.  It fits just nicely in the middle of the button!

I used a length of Pool Party ruffled ribbon to add extra interest, but I could have also used a length of Spice Cake fabric.

Here's the sketch for this week, if you'd like to give it a try:



What do you think?

INK: Soft Suede, River Rock, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party Cardstock; Spice Cake DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Water Spritz Bottle, Spice Cake Designer Series Buttons, Punches, Ribbon, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!