Sign UP

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches - Have a Seat

There's ANOTHER new sketch blog in town! As many of you already know, a few short weeks ago, I began on the design team for the Stampin' Queens, headed up by the lovely and talented Cristena Bagne. I'm having SO much fun playing with the Stampin' Queens and continue to post my cards (along with the sketch) every Wednesday.

The other day, I was browsing around the internet (no, REALLY? LOL!) and came across Freshly Made Sketches. The premise behind this new sketch blog is that the designs be "clean", though not necessarily "simple". So, no shabby chic, no distressing, no spritzer-tooling (is that even a WORD?) ...you get the idea.

Of course, I had to try my hand at it and this is the card I designed:



I started off with an Early Espresso Base and then added layers of Cajun Craze and Well Worn Designer Series Paper.

My hubby says that his first thought when he saw the card was that it looked like an electric chair...that man has a pretty sick sense of humour - LOL!

I stamped the image using my "Have A Seat" set and Soft Suede Ink. My embellishment is one of the new SUPER HUGE Spice Cake Buttons found in the Holiday Mini. I used one in my upcoming card for the Stampin' Queens (this Wednesday), so you'll have to come back and see it then.

Here's the actual sketch if you'd like to try it too:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Have A Seat, Best Dad Ever (sentiment)
INK: Soft Suede
PAPER: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso and Cajun Craze Cardstock; Well Worn DSP
ACCESSORIES: Buttons, Ribbon, Marker (for doodling) and Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

4 comments:

  1. Nice one. I really like the way you've been drawing on your boarders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that big button accent! And I love the simple chair against the well-worn backgroun. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the husbands and their helpful contributions to our hobby. :) Love the paper and the super huge button! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That big, bold button is fabulous! It looks great with the designer paper. Your husband must have one wicked sense of humor to think that looked like an electric chair! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!