Sign UP

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's Wednesday! That must mean STAMPIN' QUEENS!

Welcome to Wednesday and Stampin' Queens Sketch Day! I took a few liberties with the sketch, but I like the way it turned out!

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it:


You CAN see the similarities, can't you? It's not way out in left field is it?

I started off with a base of Not Quite Navy and added three strips of paper from the Well Worn pack of Designer Series Paper using some So Saffron brads along the way.

Then I stamped the long leaf from Gently Falling in Cajun Craze and Tangerine Tango. The sentiment was stamped in Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla and punched out using the Decorative Label Punch.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Gently Falling, Day of Gratitude
INK: Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy Cardstock; Well Worn DSP
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Dimensionals, Punch, Brads

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Christyne what a great card. I love the changeups you made and yes I can see the similarities. I haven't seen the Well Worn DSP used to much by other stampers yet, so it was really great to see it here....... gives me some ideas. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christyne! This is soo pretty, and not at all out in left field. I love how everyone's take is so different! That DSP is my fav, so you can't go wrong in my opinion!

    Smiles are contagious,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!