Sign UP

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Stamping with the Operators at Stamping 411

After mailing out my September cards of the month to my team a little late (OOPS!), I decided I better get started on my October cards and at least TRY to remember to send them out on time - LOL!

I had some paper picked out (Spice Cake) and card bases (Pool Party), but I didn't know in which direction I wanted to go, so I just left it for a couple of days.

Then yesterday, I was on Facebook and Tiffany Bauer posted the sketch for today's Stamping 411 and I had one of those "a-ha" moments where you go, "A-HA! That's it! I know just what to do!" And I came up with this:


And aren't you lucky...because once again, YOU get to see the card that only my team usually gets to see on a monthly basis!

So...I started off with a Pool Party base and some Spice Cake Designer Series Paper. I was just going to put the DSP on the card base, but then decided to add a layer of Very Vanilla and I think that was just the trick!

A piece of Early Espresso (even though it LOOKS black) for contrast on the bottom and some Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon to hide the seam was JUST the ticket!

The image panel was cut to 2 1/2 x 3 1/2" (Very Vanilla) and the DSP was cut to 2 3/8 x 3 3/8". I added a 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch under the two leaves which I HAND CUT (yes, I'm that awesome - heehee!).

The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla and punched with the word window punch. It was matted on a piece of Early Espresso punched with the Modern Label Punch.

What do you think??

STAMPS: Gently Falling, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: Soft Suede, More Mustard
PAPER: Very Vanilla and Pool Party Cardstock; Early Espresso Textured Cardstock; Spice Cake DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Ribbon

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!