When we left off last week, I was about to tell you about my ROOKIE mistake!
Have you ever just been moving along, creating, thinking to yourself "This is going to look GREAT!" and then suddenly you realize...you missed a step. *sigh*
Yeah...that was me. And you would think I'd know by now. I was stamping before stamping was "cool" and LONG before Stampin' UP ever made it's way to Canada (think way back to 1985 or so). So, you would think that I'd be LONG past rookie mistakes...but no.
Here's what happened:
This is the layer for the front of the card. It already has the DSP strip at the top and the Baker's Twine wrapped around it. And that was fine. Then I thought I'd get another step done and attach all the Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the layer...and that's where I went wrong.
You see (and I teach this in ALL my classes), you should NEVER attach adhesive before you're sure you're done with the piece that is getting the sticky stuff. And I thought I was...but I had planned to put the sentiment directly on the FRONT of the card! Now with the adhesive there, that wasn't going to happen...which meant - PLAN B!!
Sentiment strips that got stamped instead:
Not exactly what I was going for, but it all worked out in the end.
Next up was the dragonflies!
And a little bit of a StazOn high from stamping so many (21, in fact, so I could make sure that I had enough *perfect* ones for the swap).
Then I set about colouring them...which I did by inking them up in Soft Sky, using a sponge dauber to ink around the edges in Mint Macaron and finally spritzing them with water that was added to our Stampin' Spritzers. Lots of steps, but TOTALLY worth it!
After all my dragonflies were done, I set about attaching the circles from last week to a layer of Mint Macaron which was cut using the Layering Circles Dies and the Big Shot.
That's it for today! I'm handing these in at the Canadian Business Conference next Friday, so come back next week to see the finished product!