Sign UP

Friday, January 6, 2017

Anatomy of a Swap Card - Part One

This swap started out with the sketch from a previous Paper Craft Crew Challenge. It was pretty awesome and my BFF loved it...but if it was going to be a swap card at the Canadian Business Conference, it needed...MORE.

So I went to work making it...MORE.

My original card was created on a thick Whisper White base...but swap cards require at least one layer (no single layer cards), so I added MORE and created my layer from Whisper White and opted for a Mint Macaron Base. I kept the tiny layer of Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper (because come on! You all KNOW it's my favourite!)

After I'd decided on my base, it was time to get to work on creating the circles. Stampin' UP! makes AWESOME DSP, but sometimes...you just need MORE. So I created my own, using Soft Sky, Mint Macaron and Island Indigo. My favourite part of this part is that NONE of the circles are EXACTLY the same!


Don't you just love the way they turned out?

Next up was cutting the strips of Blooms & Bliss DSP. That was the easy part - LOL!


Then I sponged the edges of my Whisper White layer and adhered the strips:



Finally, I tied a triple length of Whisper White Baker's Twine around the whole layer:


...and now I need to order more, because I used it all up! It's a good thing I know a GREAT Stampin' UP! demonstrator who can help me out. :)

So far so good, right?? Come back next week for the next steps and check out my ROOKIE mistake!

What do you think?

STAMPS: None yet!
INK: Soft Sky, Mint Macaron, Island Indigo
PAPERS: Whisper White Cardstock; Blooms & Bliss DSP
ACCESSORIES: Sponges, Bakers Twine

Happy Stampin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!