Sign UP

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Challenge Tuesday

OK, I know. Both words don't start with "T", but if you pronounce Tuesday "Chews" day instead of "Twos" day it kinda works...so let's go with that OK?

My plan is to post a new challenge every Tuesday. Now, I don't know ahead of time what the challenge will be, so we'll just have to go with the flow. It might be a challenge to use your stash...or it might be a challenge to take inspiration from a website...or it might be a challenge to visit somebody's blog and create something from a piece that inspired you there...it could be anything really! Want to play along?

My challenge for this Tuesday is to find something NEW in your stash. Something you just had to have but haven't opened yet, because you think it's too cool...or you'll run out too fast...or you just bought one sheet...something along those lines. Life is too short to start hoarding stuff and what the heck do you think you're going to do with it when you're gone? Or, worse yet...what do you think your kids are going to do with it when you're gone? I'll bet they're just going to toss it in the bin anyway...so why not make something with it and then SEND it to someone and brighten their day!

Last week at the Canadians, INK! team meeting, I was lucky enough to win a full spool of 1 1/4" Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon. Of course, when I got it home, all I could do was stare at...I mean, it's GORGEOUS! But it's only 10 yards...what if I run out? What if I need the whole spool for a project and I use some and then I don't have enough? SERIOUSLY? I'm a demonstrator for heaven's sake! It's not like I can't get more - LOL! And if you fall in love with it, I can order some for you too! *grin*

So, here's my card:
I used my Stampin' UP! Markers to colour the rubber directly on the stamp, thereby allowing me to stamp both colours at once. I then used my sponge daubers to "colour" the background and my bird. I adhered the bird to a piece of Old Olive Cardstock and set it aside. Then I cut a piece of Cottage Wall DSP and also attached that to a piece of Old Olive Cardstock. My base card is 5 1/2 X 8 1/2" folded in half with a piece of Cottage Wall DSP as the next layer. My Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon was wrapped around the 4 X 5 1/4" piece of Cottage Wall DSP and I attached a brad from the Pretties Kit around the the ribbon and through the Cottage Wall layer before adhering my other two pieces to the front of the card.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Asian Artistry (Level 2 Hostess Set)
INKS: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive
PAPERS: Whisper White and Old Olive Cardstock; Cottage Wall DSP
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon and Brad

Happy Stampin'!

6 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the card (that is my current fav stamp set!) and I like the idea of the challenges, and this challenge is great. I'll try and do something up this week for this challenge, since I am a notorious horder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.....I could be up for these challenges...if life slows down a bit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, check out the card I made using my shimmer paint that was still sealed in it's packaging! I wasn't sure how to use it, since it's "loose" ink, but used a tip and applied with a sponge dauber and it worked great. Thanks for taking me "out of the box" Christyne!
    http://reflectionsofahappycrafter.blogspot.com/2009/11/weekend-challenges-what-fun.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!