Sign UP

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Scrappin' Sunday

I REALLY need to get back into my scrapbooking! It's not that I don't LOVE making cards...but I have three kids and about 10 years worth of photos to deal with - YIKES!!!

So...Scrappin' Sunday it is! I figure even if I get just one page done every Sunday I'm still far more ahead of the game than I have been in the past year or so. And...now I have the added benefit of MDS to help me along and make digital pages too - WOOT!

This week, I've made an example of a "progressive" scrapbook page. A progressive page is one where you start off with a 6 X 6" page, turn it into an 8 1/2 X 11" page and finally convert that into a 12 X 12" page. This is a GREAT way to introduce someone to scrapbooking because a 6 X 6" page is MUCH less overwhelming than 12 X 12" page.

Here's my 6 X 6" page:
No pictures yet as I think I'll be using it for Christmas pics this year...I'm pretty sure that all the PJ's I've bought (everyone gets new Christmas PJ's every year) have at least some green and red in them, so we should be good to go!

Here's my 8 1/2 X 11" page:
I didn't add any extra spaces for pictures here, though you could add maybe a small square photo off to the right of the ornaments. The other thing I will do with this (once the layout is complete with pics) is add gold cord to the ornaments.

Here's my 12 X 12" page:
Notice the four squares of Chocolate Chip Cardstock down the left hand side? Those are for four more pics of Christmas. I mean...let's be realistic here...unless you've JUST started scrapbooking and have no kids, there is no way you will be able to scrapbook an entire holiday using just one picture on a page. Each album would be over 100 pages long at that rate!

I hope you'll join me for more Scrappin' Sundays as I continue to get my scrapbooking back on track!

Happy Scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. If you're worried about photos b&w is an option as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! you know i'm a scrapper, and pretty much caught up all the time... any ideas you want, just let me know! i've got lots of pages showing up over the next couple of weeks. like the ideas you've got here. pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, are you REALLY all caught up? That is SO cool!!!! I will look for your LO's over the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!