Sign UP

Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Caroline...

...started out as a just my demonstrator...and one I never saw at that. I would order and she would give my order to a friend of a friend, who would give it to my friend and then it would be delivered to me.

Eventually, I started making the drive out to see Caroline...but not all the time...only when we had an appointment at Sick Kids since Caroline was all the way out on the Danforth. I'd take the kids to their appointments and then we'd do a drive by and Caroline would run down with my order. We'd exchange a few words and wouldn't see each other for a few months.

Then, I started going up to her studio (back when her studio was upstairs, near her apartment) and getting to know her a bit better. She met Jonathan (who wasn't napping after the drive for a change) and Jonathan started to get to know Caroline's studio (and where the chocolate was - LOL!).

I started making the drive out once a month to pick up my club order. Sometimes we spent a lot of time together and sometimes it was just a quick hello if we were too busy.

And then Caroline moved her studio...eventually, I became her "stamping slave" which is just our way of saying that I am blessed to work with her once a week! We've shared tears and laughter and after all these years, we've become BFFs. She is my "soul sister". We are convinced that we were separated at birth or were meant to be sisters and were simply born to different mothers. We have even been told that we look very much alike. Our mannerisms are often the same and we often think the same thing at the same time (even as far as preparing the same dinner on the same day - NOT having consulted each other!).

And so, she is MY Caroline and she is VERY special to me! I love her just as I love my (flesh and blood) sister and so I made her this card (she already has it, so if she peeks at my blog the surprise won't be ruined):
I stamped the tree from Season of Friendship in Soft Suede on a pre-cut Whisper White Top Note. The leaves were stamped using Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Ruby Red. The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede on Whisper White and matted on Soft Suede before being adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I won't share the mushy stuff inside (I shared enough of it here - LOL!), but suffice to say that she loved it.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Season of Friendship
INKS: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Ruby Red, Soft Suede
PAPERS: Whisper White, Dusty Durango and Garden Green Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

6 comments:

  1. awww.. what a sweet story!
    And a beutiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet story and love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving these stories! the card is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card for a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, and thank you for sharing the background to it, it's such a happy story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet...It is lovely to read about Caroline!....

    and the card is pretty good too, eh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!