Sign UP

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Colour Challenge

As is so often the case, I see FABULOUS ideas all over the place. That's the beauty (and sometimes the downfall) of surfing the net.

The other day, the beauty was that I found a colour challenge base on using the new In Colours and coordinating them with our current core colours. The downfall is, now that I'm ready to post, I have no recollection of where I saw it - ARGH!!! I'm pretty sure it was someone's blog (I subscribe to so many, I lose track!) If you recognize the challenge, PLEASE let me know so I can send you to the blogger in question. (Note: Before this posted - LOVE auto post - thanks to Claudia and her persistence, I have now discovered that it was a SUDSOL challenge!)

Anyway, the challenge was to use Bermuda Bay and match it with Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and other colour. I managed to use the four colours I listed and I think it turned out pretty good:
I used another stamp from Very Thankful which I stamped in Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White. It was matted on a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and then I added the flowers from our Flower Fusion Accents and Elements.

I used a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, wrapped a piece of Bermuda Bay ribbon around it, adhered it to the card base and called it done. I think it turned out pretty good!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Very Thankful
INKS: Pumpkin Pie
PAPERS: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock; Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
ACCESSORIES: Flower Fusion, Rhinestone Brad, Ribbon

Happy Stampin'!

6 comments:

  1. LOL - you totally made me laugh. I am glad I was persistent enough so the SUDSOL ladies are able now too to see you great card!I Love how you pulled in the colors with the flower fusions... Thanks for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Love the colors with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! :)

    I was wondering....How do you get 3 columns on your blog? I only see options for 2 columns, different formats, but still only 2. Is there something special one has to do to get 3? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh beautiful colours again....don't they work perfectly together?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!