Sign UP

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Best Fishes - AGAIN!

A few years ago, there was an adorable little stamp with two fishies in a fish bowl. When my son first saw it, he fell in love with it! He doesn't stamp much anymore (he's more into MTG these days), but the memories of the fun he had with that stamp will remain with me forever. He still has it (and I borrow it from time to time) and I'll never part with it.

I was thrilled when Stampin' UP! came out with Jar of Love in this year's Annual Catalogue. It wasn't quite the same, but it was pretty close...and really...who can resist a sentiment that says "Best Fishes"? Heehee!

This week's Paper Crafts Crew sketch was PERFECT for Jar of Love and the "Best Fishes" sentiment, so I went with it!


And here's my card:


Totally cute, right?? My inspiration for the colours came from the GDP challenge a couple of weeks ago. I really liked how the Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach played together. This time around I added some Calypso Coral for that extra pop of colour.

My jar was stamped in Early Espresso Ink and my little fishie was stamped in Peekaboo Peach. Both were cut out using the Everyday Jars Framelits that coordinate with the Jar of Love set.

I then cut out a piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and added a background of Bermuda Bay cut using the Layering Squares Framelits. I just love that these two sets of Framelits go so well together! As evidenced by yesterday's post. :)

The Designer Series Paper is from the A Little Foxy DSP stack (6x6) and almost looks like seaweed! How's that for perfect?

To finish off the card, my sentiment was stamped in Bermuda Bay.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Jar of Love
INK: Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach
PAPERS: Whisper White and Bermuda Bay Cardstock; A Little Foxy DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!