Sign UP

Monday, March 6, 2017

Under the wire!

I seem to get closer and closer to the deadline when it come to Freshly Made Sketches - EEK!!

And it's not like this week's sketch was that complicated or anything. In my defence, I was out of town last week and then worked on Friday and had a super busy weekend...so here we are on Monday afternoon with 90 minutes to spare! This card also qualifies for the Paper Players Challenge (cut it out).

I loved the simplicity of the sketch this week and it was just perfect for two Mother's Day cards that I'll need to send out in May (one for my mom and for my MIL). So...while I'm down to the wire for the actual sketch challenge, I'm WAY ahead of the game for the actual event. Go me! *pats self on back*

Check it out:


I think I may have found my new favourite paper! The Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper is so versatile! I could have turned this card into something masculine if I wanted to - that's how versatile it is.

I started with a base of Tip Top Taupe (retiring soon!) and added a layer of Whisper White before added the DSP. The sentiment is from the Oh So Succulent set as is the flower which you may remember from THIS CARD.

I did a bunch of sponging before assembling the card and that was it!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Oh So Succulent
INK: Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush
PAPERS: Whisper White and Tip Top Taupe Cardstock; Succulent Garden DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

6 comments:

  1. Your little green cactus floor really pops against the neutral gingham background - bravo too Chrystine on being so well prepared for Mothers Day - ours in the UK is in a couple of weeks time and I haven't made either of my cards yet!! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get your cards done in time! :)

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! The gingham paper is the perfect backdrop for those gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love the gingham paper! It makes my heart happy. :)

      Delete
  3. Christyne, I love the color combo and the succulent on your cards! I know your Mom and MIL will cherish them! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to send them! Only 8 more weeks - LOL!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!