Sign UP

Thursday, August 5, 2010

3-D Thursday - Newsprint and Butterflies


OK, first - YIKES! Where does the time go??? My plan was to set this to post automatically this morning, but yesterday got away from me, so it's here, but not as early as I'd like it to be.

Second - I KNOW you're getting sick of looking at this Newsprint Paper and I have good news for you there! I have new paper on the way - WOOT!!!

Now, on to today's 3-D project:

During my surfing this week, I came across this box, but it was a paid tutorial that I thought I could figure out for myself, so I did!!! My base is Basic Black Cardstock and I added the Newsprint DSP to the front panels. I'm part of a "Grab Bag" swap over on Split Coast Stampers and every month, I receive cards from other stampers. July was my month to "host", which means I send out packages of goodness to the three other participants in the group and they in turn create cards with the goodness that I send. One of the participants sent me a card using the Newsprint DSP that I sent and combined it with Orange and Yellow. Not a bad combination, so I used it on my box.

I punched out bits and pieces in Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight to accent the box and if you look REALLY closely, you'll see that I used some Champagne Mist Ink to add some pizzazz. The finishing touch was a belly band.

What do you think?

STAMPS: None
INK: Champagne Mist, Pumpkin Pie
PAPERS: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock; Newsprint DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Big Shot, Dies

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!