Sign UP

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whimsical Wednesday Spotlight


Today's Whimsical Wednesday card features a technique called "Spotlighting".

Spotlighting is a technique that involves colouring only a certain portion of a stamped image and then highlighting it by popping it off the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

For today's card, I used Flower Fancy which is a 2-step Stampin' set. What this means is that to get the full effect of the stamped image, you need to stamp each part of it in two different colours.

For this card, I started off with the Sahara Sand Top Note Die Cut. I have NO idea why it was sitting on my table...but there it was and I decided I should use it! After that I went to the ATC (junkie!) that was sort of in my head. I stamped the stem/flower in Sahara Sand and then stamped it again in Melon Mambo and Regal Rose. I punched out the flower portion using my 1 1/4" circle punch and then punched out a Melon Mambo circle using my 1 3/8" circle punch. This piece was adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I tied a length of Melon Mambo ribbon (retired into a knot and then wrapped it around the ATC and adhering it to the back.

I adhered the ATC to the Top Note Die Cut and then adhered it to the card base which is Pink Pirouette stamped with Pink Pirouette Ink.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Flower Fancy, Priceless
INKS: Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
PAPERS: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Ribbon (retired), Big Shot + dies

Happy Stampin'!

5 comments:

  1. Love the spotlight flower it really makes the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I forget about that technique. I'll have to try it myself! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this technique, and I love that you used a different stamp set than most people with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always tell myself I have to try these, then I forget to do it. . . must be my kids making me crazy! Now I have to try and remember to make a card as pretty as this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!