Sign UP

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ATC Tuesday - Vintage Hand Crafted


So far, this is my FAVOURITE ATC!

It was smooshed and wrinkled and inked and distressed - LOVE!

I started off with the idea that I REALLY needed to use my spiral punch! I've had it for at least 2 years and I think I may have used it once or twice. Isn't it amazing the things we THINK we need and then they never get used. Right Diana??? I won't tell you what my friend Di THOUGHT she needed, because (at least for the time being) I managed to talk her out of it.

So, with the spiral punch in mind, I reached for the newsprint DSP because I knew that at least a couple of the sheets had a notebook type design on them. I used the spiral punch first and then took my scissors to the edges to get that distressed, beat up look. I did the same with the Basic Black and Very Vanilla pieces.

I also did some tearing and sponging with Old Olive Ink and then used Basic Black Ink and the large floral image from Elements of Style (have I mentioned that I just LOVE this set?) to add the flowers to the notebook paper.

The next step was to stamp the hummingbird image in Old Olive on Very Vanilla and hand cut it. I also stamped two of the images from Tiny Tags on Very Vanilla and punched them out. I added some sponging in Old Olive, attached some hemp twine and then adhered them to the ATC using glue dots. That extra little touch was provided by the Mini Library Clip.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Elements of Style, Tiny Tags
INKS: Basic Black, Old Olive
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Basic Black Cardstock; Newsprint DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Library Clip

Happy Stampin'!


4 comments:

  1. this ATC is my fave, too! LURV IT!!!! well done! and hooray for distressing! you and i need to get together and play sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It is perfectly detailed and balanced. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad i came online to find this post. i am working on my SU order right now, and i'm trying to find the most versatile items for starting and demonstrating. this set is GORGEOUS. sooooooo getting it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!