Sign UP

Friday, June 3, 2011

Flashback Friday!

O.K., here's a challenge for you!  Go back to your favourite sketch site (or any sketch site) and find the VERY FIRST sketch challenge they did!  Create a card using THAT sketch!  Fun, yes?

Earlier this week, I went to the Sweetest Thing Blog, home of the Sweet Sunday Sketch. Did you know that Karen has been posting a sketch every Sunday since January of 2009? Talk about consistent! Her sketches have always been some of my favourites, so I figured, why not go back and do them all? I know, you all probably think I'm nuts, but I'm looking forward to it!

My hope/goal is to get all caught up in June! I've done the first 5 already and have a start on #6.

So, let's get started!

Sweet Sunday Sketch # 1:




I featured this card in my Tuesday post, so I won't bore you with all the details again...you can see that post here. I did flip the original sketch (which was horizontal) to vertical.

Sweet Sunday Sketch # 2:


This card features the (retiring) Things I Love Stamp Set and some (also retiring) 3/8" Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon. If you LOVE either of these things, get them NOW!

Sweet Sunday Sketch # 3:


If you haven't yet noticed, I love, love, LOVE layers and this card has LOTS of them! So far, this is my favourite sketch!  The stamp set that I used is Thank You Kindly (sticking around for another year) and the paper, which is retiring, is "Jolly Holiday". Have you ever thought of using Christmas DSP for a NON Christmas card?  You can!

Sweet Sunday Sketch # 4:


This card uses one of my FAVOURITE papers from the current catalogue called "Sweet and Sour".  It's a specialty DSP so each of the pages has one side accented with clear embossing.  Since it's in the CURRENT Idea Book, that means it's retiring in less than 30 days, so if you love it too, now's the time to get it!

The stamped sentiment is from a BRAND NEW SET called "Best of Everything". It's ADORABLE and I just know you're going to like it!

Sweet Sunday Sketch # 5:

I can't seem to put my hands on this one at the moment, but as soon as I can find it, I'll upload it!  And if I can't...I'll just make a new one!

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo interested in doing this! I'm hoping to get a chance to do one this weekend. I'll post a link to my post when it's on my blog. I mentioned it in today's blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!