Sign UP

Thursday, June 9, 2011

From this...to that...

...with inspiration from the lovely and talented Carrie Gaskin, the Artistic Avenger.

A couple of weeks ago (at least that's what I think, I lose track) Carrie posted a cute card on her blog that I just KNEW I would have to recreate.  It took me a while to get to it (as it often does), but today is the day!

While I was at it, I decided to put a little spin on Carrie's card and show you just how easy it is to turn a card into a scrapbook page and vice-versa.

Take a look:


Add a picture (or two if they're small), a cute title and you're good to go! You've just completed a lovely 6 X 6 scrapbook page.

But Christyne, you say, I'm not a scrapbooker, I only like to make cards. No problem! Take a look:


Take your 6 X 6 layout, score it at the 3" mark and fold it in half - CARD!!!

This is a GREAT idea if you're a demonstrator and there's going to be both scrapbookers and card makers at your workshop.  Everyone's happy and they all go home with a make and take that on which you didn't have to do double the work. WIN-WIN!

I wanted to use one of the new In Colours and choose Pool Party.  When I looked at my Colour Coach, it said Pool Party went well with So Saffron and Not Quite Navy. I'm not 100% sure I love it, but I think it works.

I followed Carrie's design using punches to complete the elements at the bottom of the page/front of the card.

Tips from the Heart:

  • This gets messy! I sponged around the edges of each of the elements. Because some of them are a little "bendy" you need to put the piece on your hand. I scrubbed, but I still have inky fingers! You could put the piece down on some scrap paper (but you'll still get messy) or use rubber gloves (but where's the fun in that?)
  • Those teeny tiny buttons sure are cute! They're also a PAIN to thread with Baker's Twine! However, patience, persistence and a little bit of spit got the job done - LOL!
  • Punch any centre holes FIRST! Do you know how hard it is to hold a little piece of paper and try to get it in just the right spot? Not gonna happen!  Punching the centre hole first allows you to then centre the bigger punch over the smaller hole - MUCH easier!
What do you think?

STAMPS: I {heart} Hearts, Itty Bitty Bits
INK: Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Pool Party
PAPERS: Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Pool Party
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Sponges, Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. It's a scrapbook page! It's a card! Great idea, Christyne! I love it...the bitty buttons are the perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea and both creations!! I will be featuring your card on My Crafty Picks #20 with a link back to your blog on 6-12-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!