Sign UP

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Flashback!

It's time for another Friday Flashback!  I've been a busy little bee!  Wanna see?

Let's start off with Sketch # 5, which I finally found:


There is no stamping on this card.  The sketch didn't really need it.  You could put a sentiment on the inside.

This card features the soon to be gone Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper. It was one of my favourites from this year, so I'm sad to see it go. Of course, the soon to be released Beau Chateau and Mocha Mornings just might make up for it.  Can't wait to see these IRL as they look STUNNING in the Idea Book pictures.

Sketch # 6




My base card for this one is So Saffron with So Saffron Designer Series Paper cut into four equal rectangles. I wonder if it's still called Colour Blocking if the colour is the same?  LOL!

I stamped the leaf image from Fabulous Florets in Certainly Celery and then stamped the flower image in Pool Party (YES! That's a NEW In Colour for 2011-2013) three times and then cut it out to add dimension to the card. The main image is also matted on Pool Party.

Sketch # 7


For this card, I used ANOTHER NEW In Colour called Wisteria Wonder. It goes beautifully with Concord Crush. This makes me VERY happy because I wasn't a fan of Concord Crush. With this colour though, I LOVE IT!

I used the new LACE RIBBON punch to create the border.

I hope you like those two little girls, because you'll be seeing A LOT of them! Not only in this post, but as the catalogue year continues.  To date, they are part of my FAVOURITE set - "Little Friends".

Sketch # 8


See? Told you I liked them!  SUPER CUTE!  On this card, they're coloured using Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy.  The card base is Pool Party and I also used Island Indigo. The Designer Series Paper is from the new "Just Add Cake" pack and it's SO much fun!  The colours just scream "SUMMER!" to me!

The little sentiment is also from the "Little Friends" set and is stamped in Island Indigo on Whisper White. It's matted on Island Indigo and adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Sketch # 9


This card uses Flower Fest, which is featured in the Summer Mini but is also carrying over to the new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue. This is a GREAT set for doing the "One Sheet Wonder" technique. In this case, I didn't do an entire one sheet wonder, I only stamped on this specific piece.  I used Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. My Designer Series Paper is Perfect Plum as is the card base, despite the fact that it photographed quite dark. The finishing touch is 6 Perfect Plum brads.

Sketch # 10


Here's another look at my little girls. When my Caroline sent me home with the set, I immediately stamped FIVE copies on watercolour paper and coloured them all in different colours...just to see which I like best. So far, I like the blue and the pink (you haven't seen this one yet) best.

On this one, my little girls are matted on Bashful Blue and then on Calypso Coral before being added to a piece of Whisper White onto which I stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz.  The sentiment is from the "Best Dad Ever" set which is in the Summer Mini, but also carries into the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue.

Here too I used the new LACE RIBBON punch to create the border.

Sketch # 11


This card is pretty simple.  It uses Island Indigo as a base. The Designer Series Paper at the bottom is again from the "Just Add Cake" pack. I really like this paper pack!

I also used a piece of punched Baja Breeze Cardstock and some Baja Breeze seam binding, which you will be pleased to know is ALSO in the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue.

The sentiment from "Smarty Pants" is stamped in Island Indigo on Whisper White, matted on Island Indigo Cardstock and adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. If I had to pick an older set to be a fave, this would be one of them!

This card is 3 X 6. If you're a scrapbooker, you could use the SAME design on a piece of 6 X 6 cardstock, add a pic of your kids being goofy and you'd have a quick little layout ready for a brag book.

Sketch # 12


And, last but not least...this card features the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper that was available for a short time in April, but will once again be available come July 1st! I'm SO glad I ordered three packs of this when I could.  The "orangey" print goes really well with the new "Calypso Coral" 2011-2013 In Colour. For this card I used a piece of the chipboard from the "On Board Merry Medley" chipboard pack. I covered the scalloped square with (yet again) a piece of DSP from "Just Add Cake". I sponged around the edges and up onto the DSP using Tangerine Tango Ink.

My cupcake is stamped in Chocolate Chip and the "frosting" is stamped in Calypso Coral and then covered in "Dazzling Diamonds" Glitter. "Create a Cupcake" which was available in the Occasions Mini will also be available (with the coordinating punch) in the new catalogue.

I do hope you've enjoyed this edition of "Flashback Friday" and hope to "see" you again next week.

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! Why is it EVERY time I read a post from you I need to update my SHOPPING LIST?????? LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!!! (And you!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!