Sign UP

Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's a HYBRID card!

I've never tried one of these before, but since I was channelling my inner Patty Bennett and she does hybrid SO well, I thought I'd give it a try!

I started off in MDS and chose a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" landscape card to get started. I added a background layer and then added a punch filled with Whisper White cardstock and switched the opacity to 50% so you could see the background paper. While I'm thinking about it, it seems that this has become MY signature MDS touch - LOL! I seem to do it quite a bit. Who knew I could have a "signature"? COOL!

So, here's what the MDS part of the card looks like:


I "stamped" the images using Old Olive, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise, rearranging and resizing until I was happy with the layout.

And here's the finished card:


I trimmed the MDS image down to 3 1/2 x 4 1/2" and matted it on a piece of Melon Mambo before adhering it to the Lucky Limeade (NEW colour available July 1st) base.

The sentiment was stamped with real ink - heehee!

My apologies for the less than stellar photograph. My regular photography spot was being hogged by a kid on a computer!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Fabulous Florets (digital and rubber)
INK: Old Olive
PAPERS: Whisper White (used to print the MDS image), Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, MDS

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!