Sign UP

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What's your Mojo Monday Style?

There are SO many challenge blogs that I like to read, but there's just NO way I could get to each and every challenge. So, as often as possible, I like to combine the challenges.

Over at the Pals Paper Arts, the challenge this week is: What's your signature style? And over at Mojo Monday, the challenge is, as always, a sketch. So...this week I thought I'd combine the Mojo Sketch with the Signature Style challenge. This was the result:


Yeah...not so much. Sometimes you have to post the less than stellar cards. I have a pretty good following (pats self on back - heehee!) and I like to make sure that I post interesting/fun/duplicatable/showcase cards. Basically, I like to make sure there's a variety of everything and in this way make sure that everyone likes what they see at least some of the time.

I've been stamping for quite some time and like to think that I know (for the most part) what the heck I'm doing.  Today's card is proof positive that even seasoned stampers sometimes go horribly wrong - LOL!

So...since the card is above is clearly SO not my style (if you know me, you KNOW this!), I decided to leave that card for the Mojo Monday card and create THIS for the Pals Paper Arts:


Now THIS is much more my style - classic.

Growing up, my sister was the fashion plate - the latest trends, the newest clothes and heaven forbid our mom made her shop at Zellers or Kmart. She was completely MORTIFIED! On the other hand, I went for the classic lines - the classic skirts, the pants that would last seasons (instead of weeks), the shirts/tops/blouses that I could wear for years to come and while they would not be "in", they would be "classic".

For this card, I used the CAS sketch over at Split Coast Stampers and the "What's your style" challenge at Pals Paper Arts.

Check out these details:


LOVE "tying" my ribbons like this.  The addition of the little button is SO cute!


I used Basic Black brads (say THAT ten times fast!) as accents.

What do you think?

MOJO CARD

  • STAMPS: Best of Everything (coming in new 2011-2012 IBC)
  • INK: Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder (new in Colour for 2011-2013)
  • PAPERS: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder and Pretty in Pink Cardstock; Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper (available as of July 1st, 2011)
  • ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Scallop Circle #2 Die, Brads, Basic Pearls, Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals
PALS PAPER ARTS CARD
  • STAMPS: None
  • INK: None
  • PAPERS: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Love Letters DSP (retiring = sad)
  • ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Brads, Button, Linen Thread, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Great cards ... and story to go with it! Have to admit my fav is your card for PPA! Love the colors and the layout! Beautiful bow!!! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!