Sign UP

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Watercolour Wednesday - Touch of Kindness

I'll tell you the truth...I'm not a cat lover. I'm allergic to them anyway, so it's all good. I'm so allergic in fact, that about 10 years ago when I was at my sister's place so she could trim my hair, I had one of the worst asthma attacks in my life. I LITERALLY walked THROUGH her apartment from the front door to the balcony (so there was no hair to cleanup inside) and had to call my mom to bring me my rescue inhaler (YES! I KNOW I should have had it with me) and by the time she got there I was sure I was going to end up in the hospital. Fortunately, the rescue inhaler did the trick and I avoided the hospital. I can tell you that I NEVER want to repeat THAT experience again - YIKES!

So, all that to say that if Stampin' UP! produces a stamp set with a cat in it, the odds of me acquiring it are slim and none. Such was the case with "Touch of Kindness" when it appeared in the Summer Mini.

Of course, that all changed when I started seeing all the adorable samples produced by other demonstrators/customers. Darn it! So...I ordered the set.

My favourite image is the bird bath and you can see that one in the card I did here.

Today, I'm sharing the little kitty with you. DD LOVED it when she saw me working on it last night. I'd be thrilled if you left me a comment letting me know what YOU think!

Here's the brad detail on the card:


I used Certainly Celery brads even though I used Wild Wasabi Cardstock. I decided that the two elements were spaced far enough apart that it wouldn't matter.

A close up of the sentiment:


I love the funky yet simple font in this set - SO CUTE!

And now, here's the full card:


I just love all the layers, especially since the card doesn't look bulky.

The image was stamped using Staz-ON ink and then coloured with watercolour crayons and aqua painters. And yes, I think the kitty is cute...at least he won't give me an allergic reaction!

What do you think:

STAMPS: Touch of Kindness
INK: Staz-ON, Pacific Point
PAPERS: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Wild Wasabi Cardstock; Watercolour Paper; Beyond the Garden DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Painters

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. Love this card! So glad you used the kitty stamp, it sure is adorable. Love the layers and you're right, the Celery and Wasabi look great. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I'm totally a cat person so really love it. The water colouring is great and as always, I am IN LOVE with Pacific Point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christyne! Isn't this just the cutest?! Love this little kitty cat and for a non-cat person you've made him adorable! Great coloring job and I love your layout. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog the other day--I appreciate you stopping by! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!