Sign UP

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Watercolour Wednesday - CCMC Sketch CASE and my own version

Happy Watercolour Wednesday my friends! My apologies for not posting last week, but things have been a little busy around here.  You see, I got about 2 weeks notice that I was accepted to participate in a school fundraiser/marketplace TONIGHT!  So, I've been creating like a MAD WOMAN!!!

Today, I'd like to show you some cards that I created for the CCMC Sketch Challenge.  If you haven't been to the Create with Connie and Mary blog, you REALLY need to check it out! And, every time a new mini comes out they do a Create with Connie and Mary Tutorial blog for 5 weeks with LOTS of tutorials!  It's a paid subscription, but SO worth it!!!  We're only two weeks in to the Summer Mini edition and the tutorials have been FABULOUS!

Anyway...I was chatting with Connie via email and I asked if I could CASE her card...I mean, why mess with perfection???

Here's my CASE of Connie's card:


I did change it up just a little, teensy bit...I did a bow instead of a knot and matted the focal image on Old Olive instead of Basic Grey (at least it looks like Basic Grey in Connie's picture).  As I said, I didn't want to change it TOO much, because one really shouldn't mess with perfection!

And here's a little close up of the ribbon:


Now, here's a different take on it with the sketch flipped:


It's not exactly the same as the sketch, but the basic idea is the same. I just love these little girls for watercolouring.  I sure hope they stay in the new catalog when it's released!

As demonstrators, we got a sneak peek of it today and I'm SO excited to see the whole thing!  I'll get the new catalog as soon as I place my first demonstrator order this month.  I'm waiting for the insanity to die down a little at SU! before I do that though.

If YOU want to get a copy of the catalog before most everyone else, it's not too late to become a Stampin' UP! demonstrator.  Contact me ASAP and we'll get you started. With an expedited order, you could have your catalog in your hot little hands before the end of next week.  How awesome would THAT be?

Here's the sentiment detail:


The main image comes from the set "The Nicest Things", so I thought the sentiment was just PERFECT!

Watercolouring Tips from the Heart:
  • You CAN watercolour on Whisper White Cardstock...you just need a VERY light touch!  Too much water will make the paper pill and basically fall apart, so if you're trying to layer, I'd avoid it. I used Whisper White for my CASE of Connie's card because I basically knew exactly what I'd be doing.
  • You CAN fix mistakes on watercolour paper. Since you're using Staz-ON ink, all you need to do is SATURATE the area with water and soak it up with a paper towel.  As you soak up the water, you'll soak up the colour. It's a little more difficult with red, so you want to be careful with that one.
What do you think?

STAMPS: Touch of Kindness, The Nicest Things, Happy Greetings
INK: Staz-ON, Tangering Tango
PAPER: Whisper White, Rose Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Certainly Celery Cardstock; Sweet & Sour Specialty DSP; Beyond the Garden DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painters, Ribbon, Punches, Brads and Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

P.S. Two weeks ago, in this post, I asked if you knew what the "secret" was on the card. I only had two guesses and neither was correct.  So, I'll tell you the answer. When I stamped the sentiment (directly on the focal image - you'd think I'd learn!) I stamped it crooked.  So, I stamped it again on watercolour paper and cut it out by hand.  Then I matted in on another piece of Tangerine Tango before adhering it the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals - proving ONCE again that there are NO mistakes...only opportunity for CREATIVITY!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks...I'm so happy you liked my card enough to case it! I love the added bow! And the little girls are darling...wonderful watercoloring! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to see bright and happy colors and you incorporated them so well. I enjoyed reading your post and will be back for another Watercolor Wednesday :0) Thanks for adding your awesome card to the Saturday Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!