Sign UP

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Celebrate 3-D Thursday!

Have you heard of Craft Project Central? It's pretty awesome! It's a paid subscription, but TOTALLY worth it! You get 10 projects each month for just $10 and if you subscribe to at least two months in a row, you get a bonus project too! I don't buy the subscription *every* month, but when I do, I'm NEVER disappointed!

Today's project comes from July 2016 (yes, you can purchase back months) and I was SO thrilled with the way it turned out! Check it out:


It's a box set of five cards (but there's space in there for at least one more AND envelopes too! The box is created with two pieces of Dapper Denim and a piece of Smoky Slate Cardstock. And the stamped image panel is a belly band that comes off:


Of course, now that I'm looking at in an actual blog post, I'm wishing I'd stamped the lid/flap too. Not that you can see much of it when the belly band around it, but still. Does that ever happen to you? You create something, it's awesome, you take a picture and...you think of at least three different things you could have done to make it even MORE awesome! In the next version, I think I'll stamp the flap. :)

Would you like to see the cards on the inside??

I'll share one with you today and then you'll have to come back over the next week or so to see the rest. OK?


I love the way this card turned out! Unfortunately, the paper doily is retired (there's NEW ones that are even prettier, so don't despair!), but all the rest of the goodies I used can be ordered right HERE.

I started off with a base of Crushed Curry Cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½" and scored at 4 ¼". I stamped all over it using the flower from the Touches of Texture Stamp Set. Next, I attached the doily.

Then I got to work on the image panel. It was stamped & embossed with Gold Embossing Powder (you could use copper) and then stamped in Smoky Slate using the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set. I love using background/collage stamps because there's SO much you can create with all the images! Collage backgrounds are really "in" again this year, so these stamp sets should be on your must have lists.

The sentiment comes from the Watercolour Wishes Project Kit. This kit comes with EVERYTHING (except adhesive) to create 20 beautiful cards. Once you've created all the cards, you still have a beautiful stamp set that you can use over and over again!

The finishing touch was linen thread wrapped about the Whisper White Cardstock a couple of times and tied in a bow.

Here's the inside:


I stamped the long image from Touches of Texture and sponged the edges of the Whisper White Cardstock. And...like to box, I think it needs something "more". I think I'll doodle a design around the edge of the Whisper White panel.

What do you think??

STAMPS: Touches of Texture, Gorgeous Grunge, Watercolour Wishes
INK: Archival Black, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate and Versamark Ink
PAPERS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate
ACCESSORIES: Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!