Sign UP

Friday, August 5, 2016

I love you

I hope you enjoyed 3-D Thursday yesterday! My plan is to bring you something other than a card each week. I hope you'll join me! :)

Today, I'm sharing the most adorable thing you'll see on the internet this week!

Before I put away all the paper I used in yesterday's post, I created a few more things. Check it out:


This first card is my new friend Bella! She's in the stamp set Bella and Friends and she's available for purchase in my online store. You can have her delivered in wood mount or clear mount and I'm sure she'd LOVE to come play with you! :)

My card base is Dapper Denim (quite possibly my FAVOURITE of all the 2016-2017 In Colours) which I stamped with Dapper Denim Ink using an image from the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set.

I added a layer of By The Shore Designer Series Paper and then attached my focal image. It was stamped onto THICK Whisper White Cardstock using Archival Black Ink.

Did you know that you can actually watercolour your image stamped in Archival Black Ink? It's perfect for this kind of technique. Now, mind you, you have to be careful to not use TOO much water if you're using Whisper White Cardstock. If you're going to need to saturate your image, you should use our Watercolour Paper, but you can still use the Archival Black Ink.

I tried LOTS of different colours on Bella (those are posts for other days), but I think my favourite is Soft Suede. Once you see all the other ones (over the next couple of weeks), I'd love for you to tell me what YOUR favourite is.

When I was done with Bella, I decided to play with Skittles:


How cute is that??

I started off with Dapper Denim again and added the layer of By The Shore DSP. Skittles was stamped in Archival Black Ink and coloured in using inks and the watercolour pen. The sentiment, stamped in Dapper Denim, is from Good Greetings (retired, sorry!)

I even made a little envie:


I gave the card to my honey and he thought it was so cute. I like leaving little notes on his home computer. I never know when he's going to find them, but when he does, he's always appreciative. Do you leave notes for your sweetie too?

What do you think?

STAMPS: Bella & Friends, Gorgeous Grunge
INK: Archival Black Ink, Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Real Red
PAPERS: Thick Whisper White and Dapper Denim Cardstock; By The Shore DSP
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Pen, Envelope Punch Board, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!