Sign UP

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Let them eat cake!!

When I showed today's card to my son, he asked if any of my French relatives knew anyone named Marie (for Marie Antoinette) and so...that's how the title of the post came about - LOL!

Today's card is SERIOUSLY cute (if I do say so myself) though I may have gone a little bit crazy with my favourite colour - PINK!!


When I first saw the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper in the 2016-2017 annual catalogue, I was pretty sure Stampin' UP! was inside my head! How else could they know I would be that excited over paper?

Today's card is all about the pink...with a teeny tiny nod to Bermuda Bay.


I started off with a piece of Basic Black that was laying around from some other things I was working and added a layer from the Pop of Pink DSP. Then I stuck on some Pop of Pink Washi Tape and punched a hole to add the Whisper White Baker's Twine.


Next up was the focal point of the card - balloons and banner! I started off with the Basic Black piece of DSP and added a layer of Whisper White. I stamped and punched the balloons using Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay Ink and then punched a third balloon from one of the gold embossed pieces of DSP in the Pop of Pink Pack. The baker's twine was attached with a glue dot and then Stampin' Dimensionals were added to pop them up.

The sentiment was attached with Stampin' Dimensionals too and I tied the balloon strings with another piece of baker's twine.

On the inside, I repeated the washi tape and added some doodling with my Melon Mambo marker.


And that's it! If you'd like to order any of the products I used in this cards, click on the links below and they'll take you right to my online store. Be sure to use code: C4SYKEKG to be eligible for free product!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Birthday Banners
INK: Archival Black Ink, Melon Mambo Ink, Bermuda Ink
PAPERS: Melon Mambo, Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock; Pop of Pink DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Pop of Pink Washi, Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots

Happy Stampin'!


Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!