Sign UP

Sunday, August 28, 2016

In my thoughts

We weren't exactly what you'd call friends in high school. I mean we knew each other, but that was about it. She hung with the cool crowd and I...well, I didn't.

Truth be told, I don't remember a whole lot about the two years I spent at St. Thomas, except for maybe a few crushes, the school play I was in (A Christmas Carol - I had a bit part) and the rugby/football teams. The most important things I remember of course...like how Mr. Bates told me that "they" (the cool crowd) were jealous and wanted to be like me and that's why they acted like they didn't like me. I don't know if it was true or not, but I believed him and it got me through Grade 11. And of course I remember prom - Gerry and Bobby doing Electric Avenue, dancing with my husband (I know, right???) and the father/daughter dance.

But now, she's fighting cancer. She's going to win. She's just that stubborn. She loves to garden and often posts pictures of the most BEAUTIFUL flowers on Facebook. A lot of her friends post pictures of beautiful flowers on her page to cheer her up. I like to garden too, but I'm not nearly as awesome as she is, so I did something else instead.

I stamped:


Stamping I can do...and I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself. So I stamped. And I sent a card. I'll send some more too...as long as Canada Post cooperates.

Hopefully Joanne will find some comfort in knowing that friends new, old and reacquainted are all pulling for her.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Sheltering Tree
INK: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party
PAPERS: Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!