Sign UP

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Rainbow Hello for the Divas

So...I've had the idea for this card in my head since the inspiration piece was posted about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The problem was, I had SO much other stuff on the go that I didn't have to time to turn the idea into a card until YESTERDAY.

If you know me, you know that last minute DRIVES. ME. CRAZY. And so it was - ARGH!!!

Anyway...here's my card for this weeks Utah Divas International Inspiration Challenge:


You can see what the other ladies have created here.

As soon as I saw the inspiration piece, I knew I wanted to do a striped pattern on the card. It didn't take me long to decide that I would use the Tasteful Trim die and my Big Shot. I just love how easy it was to create the strips in a matter of minutes!

I had the idea of a rainbow in my head, so that's what I went with. ROYGBIV and all that. *grin*

For my stamped image, I wanted something fun and happy, so I chose the hostess set "Happy You" and stamped the kite image. I stamped the image in Black Staz-ON and coloured it in using my Stampin' Write markers. I kept the same colours as in the strips on the card.

The image was then punched out using the 1 3/4" circle punch and matted onto a scalloped circle of 2 3/8". I attached it to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. *of course*

What do you think?

STAMPS: Happy You (available only to hostesses with qualifying orders)
INK: Black Staz-ON
PAPERS: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Read Red
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!