Sign UP

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

CHEERS to YOU and the Utah Divas!

Last week, I was chatting with Liz on Facebook and saying that these colours were weirding me out! It's all good though because it's allowing me to stretch my creativity. Liz said the MDS2 colour mixer gave her the combos. I guess that means that MDS2 wants us to stretch our creativity too - LOL!

For this week's card, I cheated just a little and added Whisper White to the mix of:

  • Pacific Point
  • Lucky Limeade
  • Tangerine Tango
  • Real Red
  • Crumb Cake
I suppose I COULD have stamped directly onto the Crumb Cake Cardstock, but I wanted a bit more contrast:


I started off with my Crumb Cake base and added a layer of Whisper White onto which I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Hour Set.

The banner was created by punching the coloured Designer Series Paper with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch.

I used my bone folder to curl the wide ends and folded them over the Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine after adding a few dots of Mono Multi glue to them. I trimmed the folded ends a bit so that they wouldn't stick out the sides. (Does that make sense?)

They were secured with Stampin' Dimensionals and then I tied two little bows to add to the ends.

A little beverage adorns the inside of the card:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Happy Hour
INK: Pacific Point
PAPERS: Whisper White and Crumb Cake Cardstock; Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango and Real Red DSP
ACCESSORIES: Baker's Twine, Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. I like it! And yes, it does make sense. I didn't get it for the first 30 seconds but then it clicked. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect! I love the banner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!