Sign UP

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Six Degrees of Separation and a card for the Crew!

So, I don't know if this even COUNTS as Six Degrees of Separation, but I had to figure out SOME way to link to someone else's blog and this is how I decided to do it. It sounded good in my head, so bear with me. :)

A few years ago, I started typing names into Facebook. Names of friends from high school, names of friends from the summer camp I attended up until 1989, names of friends from when I was a cheerleader...you get the idea.

Anyway, one friend I typed in was someone with whom I attended summer camp and we reconnected. It's fun to see "where they are now". About a month ago, this friend posted on Facebook that he had a Twitter account and that those who were so inclined could follow him. So I did...and he followed back.

Fast forward to this past weekend, and I get a notification that I have a new follower on Twitter - YAY!! My new follower is a stamper too!!! See? That counts at Six Degrees, right?? A connection!! (Cait is Bruce's wife - Bruce is the friend from Summer Camp)  So, I checked out her blog! It's just new, but you should check it out too! Cait has some fun ideas and LOVES playing with paper! She makes what she calls "Big Hair Girls" and you'll be AMAZED at the punch she uses to do it!

So, now that I've shared my excitement...let's get on with today's card for the Paper Craft Crew! It also qualifies for this week's Paper Players Challenge to use cups, so...YAY!! Check it out:



I started off with the teacup from the set and stamped it in Primrose Petals. I then cut it out (yep!) and distressed the edges with scissors. Next step was to decide what I wanted for a background.

I decided on the Apothecary Accents Framelits and cut out the largest one from Very Vanilla. I then grabbed the matching Paper Piercing Template from the Essentials pack and pierced all the way around the frame. I wanted a little bit more and added a layer of Crumb Cake behind the Framelit. This layer was hand cut (yes, again).


I adhered the Framelit layers to the card front layer and tied the ribbon around the those.

Then I cut out the largest of the doilies from the large Delicate Doilies Sizzlit and adhered it to the Framelit. Then...I added the stamped teacup to the front and added a few pearls. You can see them a bit better in the picture above than in the full card picture.


The sentiment was stamped in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla and punched out with the Tag Punch. It was tied around the ribbon with Linen Thread and then adhered using a Stampin' Dimensional.

Last but not least:


I finished the inside.

You can play along too! Here's the sketch:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Tea Shoppe, Tiny Tags
INK: Raspberry Ripple, Crumb Cake
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Raspberry Ripple Cardstock, Raspberry Ripple DSP
ACCESSORIES:  Big Shot, Framelits, Sizzlits, Basic Pearls, Punch, Ribbon, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

5 comments:

  1. Love this....that color is so delicious! Thanks for playing along with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, my friend! I love the color scheme, and of course, those fabulous pearls! The tiny tag hanging from the bow is the perfect little accent! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Christyne! Love the primrose, fussy cut cup & that extra mat for the framelit is awesome! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty!! Love the mix of patterns and the soft color. Who doesn't love a pink tea cup? Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!