Sign UP

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Better late than never!!

In September, there was a Design Team search for the Clean and Simple challenge on SplitCoast Stampers. While I didn't make the actual team, I WAS chosen as a guest designer for this past Monday.

There was a bit of confusion, so I didn't get my card up BEFORE the challenge went live, but Denise (our coordinator) was kind enough to let me create it first thing in the morning and STILL have it featured in the challenge for the week - YAY!!

Here's the card I created, for our Trendy Stuff CAS challenge:


We had to use plaid - YAY!! The first thing that popped into my head was the Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper. Then I thought, perhaps I should make a Christmas card, so I pulled out a sheet from the Festival of Prints pad, but it just wasn't speaking to me, so I went back to the Howlstooth and Scaringbone.

Since last Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada, I knew I wanted to use something relative to the holiday and Day of Gratitude seemed like just the thing.

I stamped it in Tangerine Tango on Very Vanilla and die cut it using the Window Frames Framelits. I just love that you can give these a 1/4 turn and get a WHOLE different look. It's like getting TWO whole sets of Framelits for the price of one!

I added a bit of texture down in the right hand corner that you can *just* make out if you look closely.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Day of Gratitude
INK: Tangerine Tango
PAPER: Very Vanilla and Tangerine Tango Cardstock; Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Framelits, Basic Pearls, Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!