Sign UP

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

But I thought that was a Christmas kit?

Have you seen the Merry Moment Simply Scrappin' kit in the Holiday Catalogue? It's displayed as a Christmas kit. I've had some customers tell me they don't think Basic Grey is a very "Christmas-y" colour. Then I show them the Christmas cards I've made using the kit and they kind of go, "ah...I see".

Today's card is a "NOT" Christmas card made using the same Simply Scrappin' Kit. I'm actually OUT of cardstock in the kit. I used it all the day I made these. There's a few scraps left, but not enough for a card base. I put together an tutorial for the cards I made if you're interested in creating the same cards. You can purchase it here. Several people have already done so and it's getting wonderful reviews! :)


I used a piece of Basic Grey cardstock and added a layer of Very Vanilla with a layer of the Designer Series Paper from the kit. Around those two pieces, I tied some Basic Grey Ribbon. Of course...now I'm realizing the ribbon is stitched with WHITE and my entire card uses VANILLA. *sigh* It's a good thing you can't really tell - LOL!

The Simply Scrappin' Kit comes with a whole BUNCH of cardstock stickers. I wanted the ones I used on this card to be "popped up" so I coated the back with talcum powder (you can do the same thing with your embossing buddy) and added Stampin' Dimensionals to them.

I chose an image from the Friendship Preserves Set and stamped it in Lucky Limeade. I cut it out by hand and then used the Window Frames Framelits to cut out a mat. It was added to the front of the card with more Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here's the sketch on which the card was based:


I flipped it to make it work with that big cardstock sticker.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Friendship Preserves
INK: Lucky Limeade
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Basic Grey and Lucky Limeade Cardstock; DSP from Merry Moments Kit
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Framelits, Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!