Sign UP

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Merry Christmas for the Divas!

It's another DIVAS Sketch Day today and I think you'll love the sketch!! It's versatile and has lots of cute flags on it.

Here's my card:


I had the Festival of Prints papers out to work on my Creative Crew assignment for November (was that a hint?) so I decided to use them for the Divas Sketch Card.

I started off stamping the tree/branch using my markers directly on the rubber in Early Espresso and Lucky Limeade. Next came the bird in Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie.

To stamp the sentiment, I used Island Indigo on one word, stamped it, cleaned the stamp then coloured and stamped the second word in order to have them stacked. I *could* have cut the stamp apart, but I'm not a big fan of doing that.

Last, but not least, I added the flags at the bottom and adhered everything to the card front.

Here's the sketch:


You can check out the rest of the Divas on the Divas Blog.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Best of Everything, Greetings of the Season (ONLY in the Holiday Catalogue)
INK: None...I used markers!
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler Cardstock; Festival of Prints DSP
ACCESSORIES: Markers

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas birdie, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!! The bird, the branch, the pop of the colors of the DSP against the white! It's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!