Sign UP

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stippled Blossoms and Just Believe for the Divas!

Do you ever envision a card or an idea in your head and then when you get it on paper, it's NOTHING like what you thought it would be?

Yeah...me too! And that's what happened as I was working on today's card for the Inspiration challenge.

I had an idea in my head and I knew I wanted to use Stippled Blossoms. Well...first off I had to stamp it THREE times (and yes! I was using my stamp-a-majig), so maybe that should have been the first clue!

Once I had the card all together, it just looked BLAH. So, I added a whole BUNCH of Dazzling Details. That didn't do much for it either...


So I just decided to quit while I was ahead and make a whole OTHER card. *sigh*

This one turned out MUCH better:


For this one, I opted for the Just Believe stamp set. I stamped the round images in Daffodil Delight on Whisper White. They were then punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then matted on a piece of Whisper White punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch before being adhered to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.

The sentiment (also from Just Believe) was stamped in Staz-ON. And THEN, I was happy because this card much more closely matched the idea that was in my head - YAY!

Here's the inspiration piece we were given:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Stippled Blossoms, Just Believe
INK: So Saffron, Summer Starfruit, Daffodil Delight, Staz-ON
PAPERS: Always Artichoke, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Details, Punches

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!