Sign UP

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Frosty Friends for the Divas!

Are you sitting down? You might want to, because if you don't, you might just fall over from the cuteness!

This week, our colour challenge was to use the following colours:

  • Pool Party
  • Island Indigo
  • Summer Starfruit
  • Primrose Petals
  • Always Artichoke
I'm telling you, that MDS2 colour picker is just a bit weird sometimes! But! I found the perfect stamp to make it all work TOGETHER:


Is this not the cutest thing EVER?

I started by stamping the Frosty Friends image onto Whisper White cardstock, using Staz-ON ink. Then I took out my ink pads, smooshed them and used the ink in the lids with my blender pen to colour in my image. I thought I was going to have to cheat and use Pumpkin Pie for the snowman noses, but it seems if you colour in Summer Starfruit first and then add a layer of Primrose Petals on top, you get orange! :)  Yes. I DO remember basic colour theory from grade school, but in the real world it doesn't always work out the way you think it should. I'm glad it did!

I added the sentiment from Greetings of the Season and Dazzling Details to the snowballs for the finishing touches.

What do you think?

INK: Staz-ON, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals and Always Artichoke
PAPERS: Whisper White and Pool Party Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Blender pen, Dazzling Details

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!